We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
In this policy, “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Howpup site. (For more information about us, check out this page.)
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
Collection of Information:
As a general policy, we do not automatically collect personal information from visitors to our site. We collect information in the following ways:
Collection of Personal Information:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you fill any online forms on the website.
You can choose not to provide us with specific details, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the website’s features.
Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Collection of Non-personal Information:
When you visit the website our servers automatically record information that your browser sends.
This data may include information such as:
- Your device’s IP address;
- Browser type and version;
- Operating system type and version;
- Language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website;
- Pages of our website that you visit;
- The time spent on those pages;
- The information you search for on our website;
- Access times and dates;
- and other statistics.
Use and Processing of Collected Information:
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to personalize your experience; improve our website; send notification emails, updates, etc., run and operate our website.
- Non-personal information collected is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding website usage.
This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so.
If at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a policy with us;
- You have permitted us to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it’s not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have specific data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to object;
- The right of restriction;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your e-mail address solely to provide timely information about Howpup.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all emails sent from our site will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender.
Also, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from our partners and us by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser.
The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies:
- A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date;
- A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies That We Use:
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers:
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically allow cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Do Not Track Signals:
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a site.
For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different sites over time.
How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, this website is not yet set up to interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser.
Even so, as described in more detail throughout this policy, we limit our use and collection of your personal information.
In the event we become aware that the security of the website has been compromised or users personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities.
In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will post a notice on the website.
Intellectual Property Rights:
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of Howpup or its Licensors.
The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from Howpup.
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another site.
The Rights of Users:
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your permission to the processing of your information;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent;
- You have the right to learn if we are processing the information, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the info undergoing processing;
- You have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it;
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your personal information from us;
- You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Links to Other Websites:
Our website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that may collect personal information.
Children’s Online Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our website.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our website without their permission.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our website, please contact us.
You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of personal information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed.
Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- The security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and our website cannot be guaranteed;
- Any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite best efforts.
We will disclose any information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Acceptance of this Policy:
You acknowledge that you have read this policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the website, you agree to be bound by this policy.
If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this policy, you are not authorized to use or access the website.
Changes and Amendments:
We are committed to conducting our business following these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact us here: https://www.howpup.com/contact-us/